Rental Security Lights
Security lights are available to members upon request. The cooperative owns and maintains the light, and a monthly rental fee is charged to the member's bill. The electric consumption of the security light is included in the rental fee, therefore, security light usage is not metered by the electric meter at the location. Cooperative owned security lights must be installed on a cooperative owned pole. If a pole does not exist, members should contact our office to discuss having a pole installed and will be responsible for the cost to install the pole and any extension of secondary lines that is required for the sole purpose of this service. Security lights operate dusk to dawn using photo-electric controlled equipment, mast arm, and Mercury Vapor or LED light fixture.
Security Light Fees:
|48 Watts $ 9.00 monthly fee||175 Watts $ 9.00 monthly fee|
|400 Watts $14.00 monthly fee|
|1,000 Watts $24.00 monthly fee|
*NEW LED Security Lights
Effective May 1, 2014 WIN Energy will begin installing LED security lights for all new installations and replacing any existing 175 Watt Mercury Vapor security lights that require maintenance. LED replacement fixtures for 400 and 1,000 Watt lights are not yet available. LED security lights are energy efficient, provide high quality lighting, and are more reliable than the existing security lights. Members will be notified by a door tag if your existing light has been changed to an LED security light. The monthly rental fee will remain the same.
Benefits of LED Security Lighting
- High Lighting Quality-48 Watt fixture delivers over 5,200 lumens. The light temperature is 5000K, which is a bright, white light.
- Reduction in Energy Consumption-Annual operating and maintenance costs can be reduced by approximately 85%, with a reduction in energy consumption and decrease in required maintenance.
- Low Maintenance-The life of the LED security lights is estimated to be 72,000 hours as compared to 16,000 hours for a 175 Watt Mercury Vapor light.
- Ease of Installation-LED security light fixtures can be mounted to the existing pole arms, making installations and change outs convenient and simple.
- Increased reliability-LED lights are a good solution for outdoor lighting. They can withstand variations in temperatures and weather conditions.
Contact our office if you are interested in having a security light installed at your home.