Water heating accounts for approximately 12% of your homes energy consumption. Here are some steps to take to reduce your water heating bills:
- Install an ENERGY STAR labeled water heater. See our Rebate Incentive Program for rebates available for the installation of a new water heater.
- Lower the thermostat on the water heater to 120 degrees F.
- Insulate the water heater with an insulation blanket.
- Install low-flow shower heads and faucet aerators.
- Wash laundry in cold water if possible.