Automated Metering Prepayment Service (AMPS)
AMPS is a program that allows you to pay for your electric usage on your schedule, not according to a set due date. You will never get behind or be caught off guard by a high electric bill because you will always pay ahead. This program encourages you to take an active role in energy conservation by making you aware of usage patterns and provides the needed tools to help you manage your energy consumption.
Changes are coming to the AMPS program beginning in January 2019.
As an AMPS member, you will still be able to enjoy the convenience and flexibility this plan offers, such as the control of being able to monitor your daily usage patterns and receiving notifications when your balance is low and a payment is needed.
With the growth and success of this program, it has become necessary to make improvements to our disconnect procedures and fee structure. These changes are minor but will affect your account. The disconnect process, once manual, will become automatic which means that on the day your account credit balance is depleted it will be subject to immediate disconnection. The balance in full plus $50.00 will still be required for reconnection, however, there will be no additional fees to reconnect. The entire $50.00 will go toward future usage on your account.
How does it work?
- AMPS requires participants to have an online account through our SmartHub self-service site. New users will need to register for a SmartHub account at www.winenergyremc.com.
- Payments may be made online, by phone, or in any of our three offices.
- Existing balances must be paid in full at the time of enrollment and a minimum $25.00 credit established.
- Usage accumulated since your last billing statement can be paid in full or set up on a payment arrangement. 50% of future payments will be applied to the payment arrangement and 50% will be applied to your prepaid account balance until the payment arrangement is paid in full.
- Your account will carry a credit balance as you make payments.
- The charge for your daily energy use will be deducted from your prepaid account balance.
- Daily charges for facility, security light, and surge suppressor fees will be deducted based on the daily prorated charge.
- If your prepaid credit balance falls below $20.00, you will be notified by text or email.
- If your prepaid credit balance falls below $0.00, you will be subject for disconnection.
- A minimum payment of your outstanding balance plus $50.00 will be required to reconnect service.
What are the benefits?
- A deposit is not required since your account is always paid ahead.
- Any existing deposit will be credited to your account.
- No late fees will be assessed since there is no set due date.
- You will no longer receive a paper bill. You can view it on your computer through your online SmartHub account, or download our free SmartHub app to view it on your mobile device.
- You will be able to monitor your usage and prepaid account balance through SmartHub.
How do I sign up?
- Visit one of our three office locations to set up the prepaid service.
- Sign a prepaid electric service agreement.
- Pay your account balance plus a minimum of $50.00 to cover a $25.00 fee and the minimum $25.00 prepaid account balance.
*Only single phase, residential meters are eligible.
Contact us today at 800-882-5140 for more information about our AMPS program!